As the holiday season approaches, it’s important for virtual teams to maintain a festive spirit and strengthen their connections. One way to do this is through fun team building games that can be played virtually. In this article, we will explore some of the best virtual team building games for Christmas, along with tips on how to make the most out of these activities.
Virtual Team Building Games for Christmas
- Secret Santa: A classic game that involves each member of the team drawing a name and buying a gift for that person. This can be done virtually by using a tool like SecretSanta.
- White Elephant Gift Exchange: Similar to Secret Santa, this game involves everyone bringing a gift to the party, and then taking turns drawing names and exchanging gifts until all gifts have been opened. This can be done virtually using video conferencing software like Zoom or Google Meet.
- Virtual Escape Room: A fun game that involves working together to solve puzzles and escape from a virtual room. There are many online platforms available that offer this activity, such as Escape the Room or Breakout EDU.
- Virtual Karaoke: A great way to get everyone involved and show off their singing skills. There are many apps available that allow you to sing along to your favorite songs, such as Smule or Karaoke by Google.
- Virtual Game Night: Host a virtual game night with classic games like Pictionary, Charades, or Cards Against Humanity. There are many online platforms available that offer these games, such as Jackbox Games or Kahoot!.
Tips for Virtual Team Building Games
- Set clear expectations: Before starting any game, make sure everyone knows the rules and what is expected of them. This will help ensure that everyone is on the same page and has a positive experience.
- Incorporate team-building questions: During the game, try to incorporate team-building questions or icebreakers that encourage participants to get to know each other better.
- Encourage participation: Make sure everyone feels included in the game and is encouraged to participate. This can be done by assigning roles or tasks to everyone, or by creating a positive and supportive environment.
- Take breaks: It’s important to take breaks during virtual team building activities to avoid burnout. Use this time to stretch, take a walk, or simply chat with each other.
- Follow up after the game: After the game is over, follow up with participants to see how they enjoyed it and gather feedback on what could be improved in future games.
Virtual team building games are a great way to maintain a festive spirit and strengthen connections among virtual teams during the holiday season. By incorporating fun and engaging activities into your team’s routine, you can create a positive and memorable experience for everyone involved. So why not get in the festive spirit and try out some of these virtual team building games today?